One of my goals for this year was to make new writer friends. Other than, you know, writing a novel, I think this is the single best goal I could have made for my writing career. I met Kip through March Madness and we just happened to be at a similar stage with our manuscripts, so we decided to do a swap. And that was the start of a beautiful friendship 🙂
Kip’s help has been instrumental in my growth as a writer this year, and I was totally chuffed when she nominated me for a Reader Appreciation Blog Award.
The way this works is I’ll tell you seven things about me, then nominate a bunch of other blogs for the award. So here are my seven things:
1. When I was a teenager I had a pierced eyebrow. People who know me tend to find this shocking. The piercing ended up being ripped out accidentally by a toddler I was looking after and I still have the scar to prove it.
2. I met my honey when I was seventeen and we were engaged six months later. In February we will have been married for five years. We’re planning to go to Hawaii for our anniversary.
3. I work at a detective agency. I took the job because I love mystery novels and Veronica Mars is one of my favorite TV shows. One day I’d love to write a series of detective novels.
4. I never wear any shoes that I couldn’t run in or kick a bad guy in. I blame this on the mystery novels.
5. Growing up I was a bit of an outdoor nut. I surfed, hiked and white water rafted every chance I got. I miss the days when I had time for stuff like that!
6. My worst fear used to be being unable to sleep, and then I went through six months of really bad insomnia. I’m not scared of it anymore, but I am now something of an expert on the TV show FRIENDS. I probably watched it something like 20 times through while awake in the wee hours.
7. My husband and I plan to move to the Pacific Northwest one day. I fell in love with the area through a video game, Alan Wake. When we finally went there it was more beautiful than I’d even imagined.
I’m nominating a bunch of my new writer friends whose blogs inspire and encourage me:
4. Shari Green (who I know has already been nominated)
5. Amy Christine Parker
So here are the rules for those I’ve nominated:
1. Identify and show appreciation to the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must add the reward logo to your blog.
3. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-10 of your favourite bloggers for this award.
5. Inform you nominees that you nominated them.