I love being busy. I love having lots to do. So, you see, I am perfectly well suited to full-time work. Who woulda thunk? These past few weeks have been spent on the following:
– Working, working, working
– Getting to know my lovely co-workers
– Getting to know the clerk at the petrol station on my route to work (ha)
– Working out how to fit life in and being rather successful
– Writing by nights
– Eating tons of takeaway (still haven’t done a proper grocery shop!)
– Finding little snippets of time to spend with my husband
– Being inspired by romantic locations
– Visiting the cafe where Michael and I had our first date
– Not celebrating Valentines Day (I’m not a hater, we were just knackered after all of the above)
– Reading about the demise of Borders
– Cleaning, but only when I absolutely had to (like when there are no clothes left)
– Did I mention working?
What I haven’t been doing:
– Spending any time on forums
– Seeing friends or family (still haven’t figured how to fit that in!)
– Running (might fit that in this weekend)
– Not sleeping. That’s right. Since I got this job I have had the best sleeps I’ve had in about a year. Seriously, 8+ every night.
– Stressing about industry stuff or subbing
And I finally have a free weekend, my husband is road-tripping with his brother, and I’m going to be doing the following:
– Playing Alan Wake
You may have noticed I actually have "writing" on that list. Yup. Actual writing – not planning or revising or editing, writing. I’m so happy.