As part of March Madness, Jaye Robin Brown tagged me in a “Getting to know you” type meme. I thought it sounded fun, so here we are
Thing the first:
The Lucky 7 Meme:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know
He tucked his hands under my arms, taking some of my weight. My right hand was still holding on to the banister, and I felt it shake as it tried to hold me upright. I shifted my free leg to gain better purchase on the stairs and the wood groaned.
“Careful,” whispered Dom.
I didn’t bite back this time. The pain was too intense.
“Okay, let’s start moving,” he instructed.
I tried my best, but honestly Dom did most of the work. He pulled me up as I pushed on my shaky leg and slowly we eased the trapped leg from the stair.
This is from one of the new scenes I added in this revision, so it’s kind of the first time I’ve read it, too! Scary.
Thing the second:
The Ten Questions
1. What is your dream vacation?
Hmm. I’ve been feeling very cabin-in-the-woodsy lately, so maybe somewhere with snow and forest and a lovely little log cabin. My husband and I fell in love with the Pacific Northwest when we went there last year, so I would love to go back there and see some orcas. I live in Australia, though, so the chances of these things happening are fairly low!
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
I’m most definitely a planner, to my detriment at times. I’m trying to be more flexible, though.
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don’t dare to do.
Move to the States. It’s not so much that I don’t dare do it, but we’re trying to be practical and sensible and pay off our mortgage before making a big move. So, it might be a few years before that happens!
4. What’s your biggest phobia?
Crowds. New York last year was an interesting experience. We accidentally stumbled onto Fifth Avenue on black Friday – not our smartest move! But it was fun, and I’m trying very much to face my fears. I don’t want anything to hold me back from exploring the world and having new experiences.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island – what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop, or family).
Doesn’t everyone say a boat? As long as it was temporary and my life wasn’t in danger, I’d be happy with something to read, something to write on, and some good company.
6. Name three blessings in your life.
The opportunity to travel, my wonderful husband, and a dream to hold on to.
7. What was your nickname in High School?
I don’t think I had one. Wow, that’s a boring answer!
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
Green card, please?
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?
Hermione Granger. Not a terribly original answer, I’m sure, but I don’t know that there’s a world I’ve wanted to be part of as much as JK Rowling’s.
10. What is your favorite quote?
This changes often, but at the moment it’s an Edgar Allen Poe quote: “I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.”
I’m going to tag commentors on Shari Green’s blog when she posts her check-in tomorrow, but if you want to, feel free to consider this me tagging you
And for our travel photo of the day, something a bit funny. This is me and my travel companions being very wet at the bottom of the Niagara Falls: