I love being busy. I love having lots to do. So, you see, I am perfectly well suited to full-time work. Who woulda thunk? These past few weeks have been spent on the following:
- Working, working, working
- Getting to know my lovely co-workers
- Getting to know the clerk at the petrol station on my route to work (ha)
- Working out how to fit life in and being rather successful
- Writing by nights
- Eating tons of takeaway (still haven’t done a proper grocery shop!)
- Finding little snippets of time to spend with my husband
- Being inspired by romantic locations
- Visiting the cafe where Michael and I had our first date
- Not celebrating Valentines Day (I’m not a hater, we were just knackered after all of the above)
- Reading about the demise of Borders
- Cleaning, but only when I absolutely had to (like when there are no clothes left)
- Did I mention working?
What I haven’t been doing:
- Spending any time on forums
- Seeing friends or family (still haven’t figured how to fit that in!)
- Running (might fit that in this weekend)
- Not sleeping. That’s right. Since I got this job I have had the best sleeps I’ve had in about a year. Seriously, 8+ every night.
- Stressing about industry stuff or subbing
And I finally have a free weekend, my husband is road-tripping with his brother, and I’m going to be doing the following:
- Playing Alan Wake
You may have noticed I actually have "writing" on that list. Yup. Actual writing – not planning or revising or editing, writing. I’m so happy.